Wednesday, August 22, 2018

"Midnight Frolics"

The interior of the Belasco Theatre, 1050 S. Hill St., is seen in the 1949 film "Midnight Frolics," also known as "Midnight Follies." It's evidently a filmed performance of burlesque and comedy sketches.

Lillian Hunt directed a cast that includes Sunny Knight, Mickey "Ginger" Jones, Wauneta Bates, Helen Cogan, George Rose and Annette Warren.





"Big-Time Burlesque As You Like It." These lobby cards from MovieStillsDB.com appear on IMDb. Clips from the film appear in Frank Henenlotter's 2013 compilation "That's Sexploitation."

Hit the Belasco Theatre pages on the Los Angeles Theatres site for photos of the building and a history of its career.

On IMDb: "Midnight Frolics"

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy to see my great aunt on there! (Olive aka Mickey... Don't worry.. everyone called her Mickey! haha Of course I don't remember her that way. I remember her that way) My mamaw gave me one of her original newspaper clippings along with a antique cigarette holder. I'm not even sure if she smoked. LOL Also a really pretty bracelet I wore in my wedding.

    ReplyDelete